Director / RPL Team Leader
Kate is the Director, RPL team leader and in charge of the strategic development of the college.
As a director, CEO, teacher, trainer and student, Kate Martin understands what skills are required to truly be successful as a student, in employment and in business.
Currently completing her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), Kate has presented part of her research called: ‘Moving forward – identity work post service for Australian uniformed professionals in the Defence Force, Police and Emergency Services’ at the 2018 Australian & New Zealand Disaster & Emergency Management Conference on the Gold Coast, the Macquarie University Gender, Work and Organisation Conference held in Sydney and the Australian Warrior Expo in Brisbane.
In addition to this study, Kate has completed her Bachelor of Psychological Sciences and an additional five Masters Degrees in Social Science (Criminology), Business Administration (MBA), International Security Studies, Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism and most recently the Master of Disaster and Emergency Response, all studied at five separate Universities.
Kate also holds a Bachelor of Laws and directs the award winning College for Law Education and Training which has operated as a successful Registered Training Organisation (RTO) since 2006.
Further, Kate is a founding member of the exclusive Red Cross Society of Women Leaders (formerly Tiffany Circle) and has donated $50 000 of her own money to fund Red Cross Aid Workers both in Australia and abroad.
Kate is an invited member of the Golden Key International Honour Society and was awarded with the Australia Day Medal in 2006 for her work done as a Director in the Queensland Department of Corrective Services (QCS). Kate now facilitates training for the QCS Office of Chief Inspector and the Victoria Country Fire Authority (CFA), ASIC and DPP.
Kate has an additional 23 vocational qualifications, completed two half marathons and is a wife and mother of two amazing adult children.
Kate has lectured and worked in universities, TAFE institutions, private colleges, practiced as a Solicitor and employed to run the Southport Branch of the Queensland Drug Court before being promoted to Director of Strategic Projects with Queensland Department of Corrective Services, no0t to mention Kate has traveled to and explored more than 17 countries throughout the world.
With all this experience and knowledge our students can have confidence that her management and teaching ability is professional and based on real life experience. Passionate, engaging and a proven track record for success, Kate Martin truly is an inspiration of what is possible if you apply yourself.
- Doctor of Business Administration (Business Research) - Thesis: Post service employability issues for Australian Police, Military and Emergency Services - (Charles Sturt University)
- Master of Project Management - (Edith Cowan University)
- Master of Marketing - (RMIT)
- Master of Cyber Security (Cyber Security Analysis) - (Macquarie University)
Higher Qualifications - Master Degrees (Graduated)
- 2017 - Master of Disaster and Emergency Response - (Edith Cowan University)
- 2016 - Master of International Security Studies - (Macquarie University)
- 2016 - Master of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism - (Macquarie University)
- 2011 - Master of Business Administration (MBA) - (Charles Sturt University)
- 2004 - Master of Social Science (Criminology) - (Charles Sturt University)
Higher Qualifications - Bachelor Degrees (Graduated)
- 2018 - Bachelor of Psychological Science (Psychology) - (Swinburne University)
- 2000 - Bachelor of Laws - (Macquarie University)
- 1998 - Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice - (Australian National University - ANU)
International Qualifications - SIA Licencing
- 2016 - Level 2 Award for Conflict Management for Trainers - (United Kingdom)
Vocational Qualifications - Advanced Diploma
- 2014 - Advanced Diploma of Government (Workplace Inspection)
- 2014 - Advanced Diploma of Government (Management)
Vocational Qualifications - Diploma
- 2016 - Diploma of Business
- 2016 - Diploma of Leadership and Management
- 2016 - Diploma of Human Resources Management
- 2015 - Diploma of Work Health and Safety
- 2015 - Diploma of Security and Risk Management
- 2014 - Diploma of Government (Investigation)
- 2014 - Diploma of Government (Court Services)
- 2014 - Diploma of Government (Workplace Inspection)
- 2012 - Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
Vocational Qualifications - Certificate IV
- 2016 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- 2015 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- 2015 - Certificate IV in Government (Investigation)
- 2015 - Certificate IV in Security and Risk Management
- 2014 - Certificate IV in Government (Statutory Compliance)
- 2014 - Certificate IV in Government (Court Compliance)
- 2013 - Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- 2004 - Certificate IV in Correctional Practice - (QCS)
Vocational Qualifications - Certificate III
- 2016 - Certificate III in Business Administration
- 2014 - Certificate III in Investigative Services
- 2014 - Certificate III in Financial Services (Mercantile Agents)
- Director - College for Law, Education and Training (CLET) - (current)
- Director, Strategic Projects, QCS Directorate, District Manager, Senior Probation and Parole Officer - Queensland Corrective Services
- Community Corrections Officer - Queensland Department of Corrective Services
- Sessional lecturer - Central Queensland University
- Teacher - Queensland TAFE
- Tutor in Commercial Law - Australian National University
- Teacher - Applied Science - Canberra Institute of TAFE
- Aerobics Instructor / Personal trainer
- Asia - China (Beijing, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Xi'an), Singapore, United Arab Emirates (Dubai)
- Europe - Austria, France (Paris), Germany (Munich), Italy (Rome, Milan, Venice), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Poland (Krakow, Auschwitz near Oswiecim), Switzerland (Zurich, Geneva, Lucerne, Neuchatel, Interlaken), United Kingdom (London, Lancaster, Liverpool, Wales)
- North America - Mexico, United States of America (California - Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, San Diego, Beverly Hills, Napa Valley, Las Vegas, Honolulu, Louisiana - New Orleans, Texas - Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Fort Worth, Arlington, Colorado - Denver, Estes Park, New York City, Boston), Canada (Toronto, Vancouver, Quebec, Ottawa, Banff)
- Oceania - Australia, New Zealand (Auckland, Queenstown, Wanaka, Dunedin), Cook Islands
World Wonders Visited
- Asia - China (Great Wall of China, Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven)
- Europe - France (Eiffel Tower, Moulin Rouge, Notre Dame, Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre - Mona Lisa, Pantheon), Italy (Colosseum, Patheon,St Peter's Basilica, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums, Trevi Fountain), Netherlands (Amsterdam - Anne Frank House), Poland (Auschwitz Concentraion Camp), Switzerland (Jungfrau Summit 4158 m, hiked the Eiger 3970 m), United Kingdom (Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Tower of London, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square)
- North America - United States of America (Disneyland, Universal Studios, Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Fishermans Wharf, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, World Trade Centre - ground zero, Times Square, Intrepid Aircraft Carrier and Space Shuttle, Pearl Harbour, Wall Street, Grand Canyon, Yosemite - Glacier Point and Half Dome - Giant Sequoias trees, Rocky Mountains, Bear Lake, Bourbon Street New Orleans, Whalburgers, JFK Assassination), Canada (Niagara Falls, Northern Lights)
- Oceania - Australia (Opera House, Climbed Sydney Harbour Bridge, Ayers Rock) New Zealand (Skied Remarkables, Cardrona, Coronet Peak, Treble Cone)
- Golden Key International Honour Society - Member by invitation
- Society of Women Leaders - RED CROSS - Founding Member
- Deans list 2015 for achieving top 1% - Edith Cowan University
- Australia Day Medal
- Mort Award for Excellence in Teaching - Central Queensland University
- Most Outstanding Business - Westpac Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards